Once we pinpoint the root cause of your child’s difficulty it is time to provide a lasting solution. This may involve one or more of the following:
- Behavior therapies to improve your child’s everyday decision making, coping skills and motivation.
- Parenting strategies to help your child develop important life skills and respect for your authority at home.
- Individualized tutoring from our Learning Clinic. NCC employs Master's level specialists who have changed the lives of many children with learning difficulties. Learning Clinic programs are designed to not only improve your child’s learning ability and academic foundations, but also to reinforce critical study habits and test taking skills. Modules are tailored to meet the needs of every kind of learner and always provided one-to-one. Our Learning Clinic programs include:
- Accelerated Reading Module
- Accelerated Comprehension Module
- Accelerated Life Skills Module
- Accelerated Math Module
- Accelerated Written Expression Module
- Brain-changing computer programs that your child can work on in the comfort of your own home. Our professionals are certified providers of Fast ForWord, a language and reading intervention that often leads to gains of one to two years in only 4 to 12 weeks. NCC frequently reviews innovative products and believes that no other technology-based intervention matches Fast Forword's record of successful outcomes in independent neuroscience studies (e.g., Stanford University, The National Academy of Sciences). Find out how Fast Forword accelerates reading skills by visiting www.scilearn.com or by calling our office for a free consultation.
- Standing behind your child in his or her daily life is an important extension of every learning and behavioral service we provide. NCC's professionals value strong relationships with teachers and other health care providers in our community. We frequently attend school meetings with parents and pride ourselves on a record of constructive and respectful diaglogue with our local schools. If you seek a team approach, NCC will be happy to collaborate with others in position to help your child succeed.